Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Homework:
Read 20 minutes
Math sheet
Reading sheet


Homework policy add on…
I have been noticing a number of students are not turning in their homework. From now on if they choose not to turn in their work they will need to complete it during their recess time. If the trend keeps up I am going to be seeing a lot of some students during their recess.

Please make sure to go through book orders with your students. This is a great way to build up your library at an affordable price.

Mr. Jorgensen and I thought it would be fun to have a book exchange. This is how it works. Each student who wants to participate brings a book they have read and don’t want any more (please remember the grade level we are at. No little kid books.) Then they bring it to school February 13th. Each student who brings a book can swap with another student. Instant new book to read! My plan is to just lay out all of the books and have kids walk through the room and pick a book. I just want to remind kids that once you swap a book, its not yours anymore. The book swap will be Feb. 13th. We will do it before our Valentines Day party.


Valentines day party:
If you can bring something to the party please let know. We need: cups, napkins, 2 things of juice, 26 cookies or cupcakes, one other fun snack. If you have any other ideas please let me know. I am out of ideas J.

Email me and I will update you as people tell me what they can bring.

No comments: