Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Meet Our Student Teacher!

Homework:
Read 20 minutes
Math sheet
Handwriting
Work on book report

An Introduction:
Hello parents! My name is Erika Tucker, and I will be student teaching with Mrs. Brown for the next 10 weeks of school. I’ve had an opportunity to get to know the students of C3, and I have to say that I’m thoroughly enjoying them. They are a great group of kids.

Here’s a little bit of my background. I’m working on my Master of Arts in Education at the University of Phoenix – Oregon Campus, and I also hold a Bachelor of Business Administration from Trevecca Nazarene University. Keizer is kind of like home for me, as I spent a year at McNary before going on a year-long student exchange to Argentina through the Keizer Rotary Club.

I’m very excited for what’s in store in the next few weeks. We are beginning a science unit on the states of matter, and we will be starting a unit on the Oregon Trail right after Oregon’s birthday (also known as Valentine’s Day). Both units are filled with fun learning activities. Feel free to drop in and see what we’re up to!


Big Thank you:
The school store was a huge success!! Thank you to everyone who donated store products. The kids loved them. If you are able to donate more for our store I would be happy to take them.

Book Exchange:
We will have our first monthly book exchange Feb. 13th. If your student has a book between the 3rd and 5th grade level they don’t want any more they can bring it in and trade for another book they would like to read. If this is successful and the kids like it we will continue the exchange.

Friday Book Report Presentations:
We will be doing our book report presentations two different times on Friday. If you would like to come in and watch your child present please let me know the time that would work for you. The two times are 10:45-11:30 and 1:00-2:30. Again, email me what time works for you if you want to come watch.

No comments: