Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Homework:
Read 20 minutes
Cut out multiplication flash cards, put answers on the back and study
Practice Science Fair project

We will be having a 5’s multiplication test this Friday, the 20th. Please make sure your student studies and is prepared.

The spelling test will also be on Friday.

Science Fair:

Every 4th and 5th grade student needs be ready to present their Science Fair project Feb. 19th. They will be graded on their scientific method and their speech. I sent home an extra practice sheet (where they practice three times and your grade them) because I copied them wrong the first time. Those sheets are also due to me the 19th. Please make sure your student is prepared. Presentation time will be 1:30-3:00.

State Writing Test:
We are starting the State Writing test today. Please make sure your student is here all week unless really sick. I want to give them as much time as possible to complete this.

A touchy subject:

4th graders are coming to the age where they need to make sure they bathe and use deodorant everyday. I have noticed a number of kids are starting to, for lack of a better word….. stink. I was not sure how to approach this subject, but here I am laying it on the line for all of you. I hope I did not offend.

No comments: