Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Spring Fever!

Homework:
Read 20 minutes
Math Sheet

Please remember a Ball Point pen. Each child will need one Thursday and Friday for a special project we are doing.

Spring had Sprung:

Love is in the air here in the C-pod. I have been hearing a lot of talk about “going out” with people and so forth. Surprisingly it’s the boys talking about it. Usually the girls start all of this. Please talk to your student about this. Its inappropriate to be bringing this up at school, and very distracting in class. We have had a few upset kids.

We had a class meeting about the “going out” thing. I encouraged the students to talk to their parents about what dating is, and when they should start. I also told them a little about me, and how I waited a very long time to date. The funny thing is, most of them knew why people date (leading to marriage). I have never had 4th graders into this before. I also stressed how its important to enjoying being a kid. I hope those were ok for me to address. It just seemed to escalate through out the day.

No comments: