Thursday, November 13, 2008

All in a Days Work

First of all I want to say that I am sorry I end up posting so late. If I have pictures to share then I have to post between 7:30-8:30pm. That's when Abby goes to bed. Adding to a blog with an 11 month crawling around is no easy task. So just know to check later in the evening.

The Keizer Rotary came and gave the 4th graders Dictionaries. I had students keep them at school for now because I have some activities I want to do with dictionaries while everyone has one.
Today the class was working really hard during reading. There are three groups reading three different books. I based these groups on reading level. I tried having the whole class read one book, but it was too hard for some, just right for others, and too easy for the rest. So one group is reading Shiloh Season, which is a great book that is a trilogy. Another group is reading about Louis Braille, and my last group is reading A Year Down Yonder. They all seem to be enjoying the books.









Stay tuned for more fun times in C3
Oh...I almost forgot! I sent home conference slips confirming dates and times. Please send these back ASAP. If I need to move people around I want to do it with plenty of time.
Thank you!




No comments: