Monday, November 01, 2010

Homework:
Read 20 minutes
Lewis and Clark Reading sheet—Due by Fri.
Practice spelling words

Something New:
Each student will be bringing home a list of spelling words. Please practice with your student each night. I am hoping it will improve their spelling.

If you have a ton of left over Halloween candy, please send it my way. I can use it as a once in a while reward for kids. Or if you would like to grab a bag on sale right now that would be great. This is strictly voluntary so don’t feel like you have to buy anything.

Thanks again for the class store donations. The kids had a blast shopping. I had two moms here helping. The kids were so excited and sugar rushed…..I really appreciated their help!

Picture retakes are November 3rd! Make sure your student brings in their original packet.

Snack time:
Please remember snack time is only for healthy snacks. Some examples are:
Crackers and cheese, go-gurt, granola bars, fruit, veggies…..

Math: We are introducing a lot of new strategies in math. The one thing I need your help with is practicing multiplication facts. I am going to try to get flashcards for everyone, but I am not sure when. The dollar Tree, Target and Wal-mart are great places to get flashcards.

Miss Hanson started her Native American unit with the class today. Ask your student what they learned. She had them thinking and really provoked their opinions!

No comments: