Monday, September 13, 2010

Introducing Miss Hanson

To the parents of C3,

My name is Katie Hanson, and I am the student teacher in Mrs. Brown’s classroom this semester! I’m a senior at Corban University, and working to become an elementary teacher. While still a full-time student (taking classes Tuesday and Thursdays), I will be in the classroom Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

A few things about me. . .
- Born and raised in Salem
- Graduated from South Salem High School
- I love sports! I played soccer and basketball through high school, and I’m currently in the middle of my senior soccer season at Corban.
- Upper-elementary grades (4th and 5th) are my favorite because the students have such a fun sense of humor!

This semester is the precursor to my full-time student teaching in the Spring. These first two months at Forest Ridge I will be getting to know the students, and teaching some lessons here and there. Come November, I will be teaching a three-week social studies unit that I’m starting to prepare now. This is a busy time of putting together lesson plans and doing my own coursework, but I’m really excited for this time to be in the classroom and learn from Mrs. Brown! I’ve only been with your kids for several days so far, but I can already tell that I’m going to have so much fun with them! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it to the Parent Night because my soccer team will be gone in Arizona until the 22nd. Hopefully I will get another chance to meet you all!

No comments: