Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Homework:
Read 30 minutes
Math sheet
Fact and opinion sheet

Class Store:
Our next class store is coming up at the end of the month (Jan.29). If you have any thing you would like to donate I would really appreciate it. I have a few things I picked up over the break.

Homework:
I have noticed the same kids over and over again not turning in their homework. I hate to do this, because it takes away from my planning time, but I am going to take away recess each time a student does not turn in their homework. They will have to complete it during that time. I hope this encourages those students to start bringing their homework back. I am also hoping to change this plan, so I can have my planning time back. I am brain storming some ideas with other teachers.

We are going to a play January 20th! Here is the permission slip that will be sent home on Thursday.

Forest Ridge fourth and fifth grade students will be taking a field trip on Wednesday, January 20th, 2010. We will be visiting McNary High School in Keizer to see the musical comedy play, Kiss Me Kate. The curtain will go up at 9:00 a.m. promptly.

Here is what will need to happen differently on that day:

PLEASE DROP YOUR FOURTH OR FIFTH GRADE STUDENT AT MCNARY HIGH SCHOOL AT 8:45 A.M. WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20TH. YOUR STUDENT IS TO MEET HIS OR HER TEACHER IN THE COMMONS. The commons is the room they will be in after walking through the front doors- no chance of getting lost. PLEASE BE ON TIME!

It is our hope that all 4th and 5th graders will be able to attend the play. However, any students who do not come to McNary that morning, are to come to Forest Ridge at the regular time to do morning activities in room C-4. Children attending the play will be transported by school bus to the school in time for lunch.

This field trip is FREE!

Because of limited seating at the play, we are not taking chaperones on this trip.

We are looking forward to this exciting opportunity!

Mrs. Kerr Mrs. Brown Mrs. Randall Mrs. Koenig Mr. Jorgensen

No comments: